Dog photo contest
The Canine Registry Dog Photo contest
Note that photographer registration with Canine SA Registry http://www.canine.co.za/ is required to progress to the final round of the contest and qualify to win prizes and award certificates
"My Children" by Sean Snyman
Use your camera and imagination to capture and present your interpretation of one or more of the following themes:
Anyone and everyone can enter this section. Entries are classified in three themes:
- Theme 1: Dogs at work (Work)
- Theme 2: Dogs at play (Play)
- Theme 3: Dog as best friend (Friend)
Only breeders can enter theme 4
- Theme 4: Dog portrait (Portrait)
Junior section (under 16)
Only under 16′s can enter theme 5
- Theme 5: Why I love my dog (Love)
Number of entries
A maximum of five (5 in total) entries per person allowed. Entries can be in one or more categories.
Naming your entries
Your facebook name+Category Shortname+A suitable title for the photo (see shortnames brackets in the list above) examples:
- John Doe-Play-Dog with ball
- Hess Bowman-Friend-Doggielove
Post your entries on the Camerazzi Photo Contest Timeline http://facebook.com/photocontests
1. Participants must ‘like’ the CanineRegistry and PhotoContests facebook Pages to post entries.
2. Employees and or owner/s of the sponsoring company/institutions or their affiliates, or their spouses/partners may not take part in the competition.
3. Photos can be taken at any time but it is a condition that the dog/dogs in the photo must have been alive on the date of posting the entry
4. Photos may be digitally framed but keep in mind that judges may regard a digital frame as a distraction rather than an attribute to some images.
5. Digital enhancing/editing is allowed, but should be kept to the specific guidelines if and when provided under general info for the contest.
6. If and when used, watermarks/copyright signs/imprints etc. should be subtle and not infringe on the artistic appearance or merit of a photograph.
7. The Author retains the copyright, but by submitting a photograph, grants organisers, sponsors and facilitators of the contest the right to re-publish an entry either digitally or in print for advertising-, display-, illustration-, discussion-, teaching and learning purposes, always with full acknowledgement of the author.
8.1. The Contest is judged on consensus by a judging panel as appointed by Canine Registry and Camerazzi Photo Contests.
8.2. Prizes will be awarded as follows
One winner per theme who will receive a gift hamper to the estimated value of XXXXXXX
8.2.1. Award certificates to the top three entries in all categories
8.3. Winners will be announced by means of announcement on the relevant webpage, facebook pages, by email or telephonically. Prices will be handed out at World of Dogs and Cats Show on Saturday 21 July 2012 at Callaghar Estates, Midrand. Hamper prizes will be couriered to winners who are unable to attend the prize-giving and certificates will be mailed.
Post your entries on the Photo Contests Timeline
Closing date: 30th June 2012.
Prize-giving: 19th July @ ‘World of Dogs and Cats how, Galagher Estates